If you've visited our Townsend Wellness Center website or clinic before, you may already know that your chiropractor in St. Robert MO offers more than just chiropractic adjustments. Dr. Townsend enthusiastically employs a wide range of safe, non-invasive therapeutic techniques to help our patients overcome illness, injury, chronic pain and other issues -- and massage therapy is one of the healing modalities we offer. Take a look at the many ways this hands-on therapy can improve your health, comfort and quality of life.
How Massage Therapy Helps
Many people automatically think of massage as a soothing luxury. In truth, however, massage therapy can go beyond mere relaxation to provide important, lasting health, wellness and rehabilitative benefits. These include:
- Relief of neck pain or lower back pain, headache/migraine control, pregnancy-related aches and pains, arthritis discomfort and acute injury pain/swelling
- Enhanced circulation for improved drainage, inflammation reduction and faster injury healing
- Greater range of motion through the breakup of internal scar tissue
- Improved athletic performance
- Pain management for chronic joint and muscle conditions
Massage also serves as an ideal complement to chiropractic adjustments. By relaxing and loosening major muscle groups before your chiropractic appointment, we can make these tissues less resistant to the spinal corrections made by your chiropractor in St. Robert MO.
Different Massage Techniques for Different Needs
Just as no one chiropractic adjustment can serve everyone's medical needs, one size does not fit all when it comes to massage therapy. That's why we may recommend different therapeutic techniques, each optimized to serve a specific medical need. For example:
- Swedish massage is the technique most people think of when they think of massage. This light, gentle method of stimulating superficial tissues relaxes muscles and improves circulation near the skin surface, making it a powerful "stress-buster" and aid to injury healing.
- Deep tissue massage goes further, just as the name suggests, by using more forceful strokes to affect tissues closer to the bone. This form of massage is useful for treating many forms of chronic soft tissue pain by breaking up the scar tissue can often causes it.
- Trigger point massage treats specific knots of tissue (trigger points) that refer pain down the nerves to other parts of the body. It can be highly useful for treating conditions such as fibromyalgia.
- Sports massage focuses on the muscle groups most commonly engaged in your chosen athletic activity. We may recommend sports massage to loosen up before a major competition, or we can use it to help treat sports injuries.
Schedule Massage Therapy With Your Chiropractor in St. Robert MO
Massage therapy falls right in line with your chiropractor in St. Robert MO's emphasis on safe, conservative, drug-free treatment solutions. By using the power of touch to address the underlying damage or tension, we're not just alleviating your pain; we're also helping your body heal the cause of that pain. If you're ready to explore the power of massage therapy, call 573-336-4221 to learn more!