Our team of dedicated health professionals are here to serve you. We combine extensive knowledge in the field of chiropractic medicine with a passion for helping people feel better. It is our goal to create a friendly and professional atmosphere that you can rely on for all of your chiropractic needs.
Meet our St. Robert & Waynesville Chiropractor: Dr. Rick Townsend
At Townsend Chiropractic and Wellness Center we offer natural, holistic healing for residents of St. Robert and Waynesville. Our skilled team is led by Dr. Rick Townsend, a St. Robert and Waynesville chiropractor who opened Townsend Chiropractic & Wellness Center to put his knowledge and experience to good use.
Our Chiropractor in Waynesville and St. Robert has Dual Doctorate Degrees
Dr. Townsend is a Doctor of Chiropractic Care and Naturopathic Medicine. He earned his first doctorate degree in 1988 from the Cleveland Chiropractic College of Los Angeles, California, where he also served as an associate professor. The second degree came from the John Thomas School of Naturopathic Medicine in St. Charles, Missouri in 1998. Our chiropractor in Waynesville and St. Robert is also a certified acupuncturist.
Seek Waynesville & St. Robert Acupuncture from a Highly Certified Chiropractor
Since earning his dual doctorate degrees and certification to practice Waynesville MO acupuncture, Dr. Townsend has secured many other certificates. For example, he has a Master’s Certification in Whiplash Treatment from the Spinal Research Institute of San Diego, California; he is a Certified Brimhall Practitioner; and he passed the Diplomate Exam of the National Board of Examiners for Naturopathic Quality Assurance in 2008. Dr. Townsend also has experience providing electromyography and vestibular therapy, plus effective treatments for TMJ, low back disorders and other ailments.
Our St. Robert & Waynesville Naturopathic Doctor is Professionally Accredited
In addition to practicing as a St. Robert naturopathic doctor, Dr. Townsend also has experience serving on the Board of Directors and as the head of the Physical Medicine Department at John Thomas College of Naturopathic Medicine. His professional accreditations from the American Chiropractic Association, Missouri Chiropractic Association, American College of Chiropractic Rehabilitation Science, American Manual Medicine Association and American Institute of Naturopathic Medicine make him extremely well qualified to serve as a chiropractor in Waynesville, MO.
Total Wellness is the Focus of Our Waynesville & St. Robert Chiropractic Office
With Dr. Townsend’s focus on helping you achieve total wellness, our Waynesville chiropractic office can help you achieve your full health potential. We employ the use of cutting-edge technology and methodology to treat a wide range of conditions. Our services include:
- Spinal manipulation to realign your vertebrae
- Acupuncture to stimulate pressure points in your body for non-invasive healing and pain reduction
- Spinal decompression to treat herniated discs
- Massage therapy to loosen tight muscles, improve blood flow and promote relaxation
- Nutritional counseling to help improve your diet
- Lifestyle advice to help you get the most out of your treatment at Townsend Chiropractic & Wellness Center
- Neurological stress reduction therapy as an alternative treatment for allergies, migraines and other ailments
- Biocleanse to naturally detoxify your body
- EVOX to help improve your productivity, happiness and overall health
- Body sculpting to get rid of excess fat and skin
- Zerona body sculpting to target stubborn areas and emulsify fat under your skin
More Information about Dr. Townsend:
- Graduated Cleveland Chiropractic College of Los Angeles, California 1988 – Degree: Doctor of Chiropractic
- Graduated John Thomas School of Naturopathic Medicine 1998 – Degree: Naturopathic Medical Doctor
- Diplomate National Board of Naturopathic Examiners 2008
- Certified Acupuncturist
- Associate Professor at Cleveland Chiropractic College 1988
- Instructor Missouri Re-Licensure Seminars
- Board of Directors John Thomas College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Department Head/ Instructor Physical Medicine Department at John Thomas College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Diplomate National Board of Naturopathic Examiners
- Clinical Management of TMJ Pain-Dusfunction; Dennis Steigerwald, DC, San Diego, Calif.
- Cox Flexion/Distraction Technique (diagnosis and treatment of low back disorders); James Cox, DC, DACBR; Ft. Wayne, Indiana.
- Bioenergetic Synchronization Technique, Level IV, Morter Health Systems, Rogers, Arkansas
- Whiplash: Master’s Certification; Spinal Research Institute of San Diego, Calif.
- Module I; A.C.E.S. Rehabilitation
- Module II; A.C.E.S. Rehabilitation
- Electromyography and Clinical Neurophysiology; Northwestern University Medical School, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Vestibular Therapy; Vestbular testing, Inc.; Scottsdale, Arizona
- Certified Brimhall Practitioner; Brimhall Wellness Centers
- American Chiropractic Association
- Missouri Chiropractic Association
- American College of Chiropractic Rehabilitation Science
- American Manual Medicine Association
- American Institute of Naturopathic Medicine