At Townsend Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we believe wellness is a lifelong process, and pain relief should be as natural and long-lasting as possible. Our chiropractor in St. Robert, MO, has experience with hundreds of unique conditions and injuries, but arthritis and other degenerative conditions are close to his heart, and we’re proud to offer innovative chiropractic treatments for arthritis.
Diagnosing Arthritis in St. Robert, MO
Before we customize your arthritis treatment regimen, we need to know what kind of arthritis you have, what’s causing it, and how it affects your daily life. Because arthritis is a degenerative condition that does gradual damage, your symptoms may change and get more noticeable over time. If you seek chiropractic care before symptoms progress, we may be able to prevent or delay permanent damage to your joints.
Some of the most common symptoms of arthritis include:
- Burning sensation in your joints or spinal discs
- Swollen joints
- Loss of flexibility in the spine
- Sensation of pressure in the joints
- Joint pain
Of course, it’s also important for our chiropractor to determine what kind of arthritis you have. Osteoarthritis is the degenerative disease that affects most of older patients, but rheumatoid arthritis is a destructive autoimmune disease that often needs more aggressive treatment to prevent damage.
Our Arthritis Treatment Options in St. Robert, MO
Chiropractic care is a popular path to pain relief for arthritis patients, because it doesn’t require any medications or incisions to relieve pain and prevent damage. We offer the following chiropractic services to relieve arthritis pain and encourage new cell growth in the joints:
- Spinal Manipulation – If arthritis affects the alignment of your spine and we have your inflammation under control, your chiropractor may perform gentle spinal manipulations to rebalance your spine and shift your joints back into a more supportive position.
- Massage Therapy – Our chiropractic team knows that arthritis often leads to soft tissue inflammation and irritation around the joint. We use massage therapy to stimulate tense tissue and promote healthy energy and blood flow to your affected joints.
- Acupuncture – Our chiropractic team uses tiny needles to tap into your body’s natural pressure points, making it easier for cells to regrow. This holistic pain relief technique is designed to stimulate blood flow and provide immediate, localized pain relief.
- Nutritional Counseling – Weakness and inflammation prevent healing, cause joint pain, and make it difficult to perform safe, effective chiropractic adjustments. We’ll recommend healthy, anti-inflammatory foods to supplement your arthritis treatment plan.
Schedule Your Arthritis Treatment with Our St. Robert Chiropractor
Are you suffering from joint pain and mobility problems because your cells aren’t regenerating quickly enough? Arthritis is a painful condition that affects everyone from young athletes to older retirees, slowly causing painful friction between the bones and discs. If your spine or other joint need arthritis relief, come to Townsend Chiropractic & Wellness Center. Our chiropractor is currently accepting new patients, so call (573) 336-4221 to schedule your first appointment today.